Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Part to Stop the Invasion

It has been almost a year since I started trying to fight the invasion of illegals into this community, and overall into this country. No one event sparked my interest in this issue, except that I'm an American Citizen, and my safety in this country is threatened by people who come to this country unbeknownest to the Government, and live here without any fear of being arrested. For almost a year, I have written, called, emailed, faxed, and basically done everything I can think of to be "the change" in the world that I wanted to see. I had become a one person resource of action in the movement against illegal invasion.

As I have researched this issue, I have found that most people agree with me. They want enforcement of current immigration policies, they want to see the borders secured, they want to see the Federal Government stop permitting people to come into this country without documentation; however, they don't want to be labeled a racist, an isolationist, or a nihilist. What they don't understand is that this issue has absolutely nothing to do with race. It has to do with preserving the United States of America.

What if our Founding Fathers had been fearful of name calling? They were labled radicals, rebels, merely adolescents "pitching a fit". If they had fallen victim to the political strategy of the opposition, we would not be worrying about this issue right now. We would not be concerned with the preservation of the USA, it would be non-existent.

It takes one person to bring about change. That person is the spark that ignites a movement. I have been fortunate in meeting the members of T-FIRE. I am now a part of a group of determined and dedicated people that believe that our Government needs to be called to task for letting we Citizens down on this issue. I hope that those of you who read this blog, and visit our site, find the spark within you to become apart of this movement. We look forward to your support and your participation.

Christa

No comments: